ARTIST RESIDENCY PROGRAMS:
This is a program designed by you and I. Usually, elementary schools ask for this BUT any group/age can do this. Example: I work with a school district that has me visit 4 of their schools (every 3rd grade class) every year for the last 4 years! My work is applicable to ALL grade level.
LENGTH of RESIDENCIES: 1 to 12 weeks
CONTENT: is described here and info can be taken from the programs described in the "Educational Programs".
My saying is: "...been there and done that...": every question you might have about I've done in teaching & performance, I've done and done it very well.
Note: in regard to instrument making, please notify me well in advance as much as possible to assure you that a) the materials are available, because in the case of bamboo I have to harvest it -and- b) that I have time to prepare make all the instrument kits.
The following can be added to residencies depending on time we have:
- Varying lengths of Residencies: a few days to a few weeks, my best recommendations are the 4 to 6 week programs. I also have lesson plans that go up to 12 weeks.
- Interactive Performance: Instrumental techniques, composition & performance techniques.
- Instrument Making: the instrument is usually the "Bamboo Flute", although other instruments are possible.
- Food, Customs, Language, Geography and Culture Storytelling
- Science of Sound: experience this totally original interactive workshops, using ancient Mexican instruments to teach science of sound.
- 1) Introduction to Ancient Mexico Drumming session.
- 2) Introduction to Ancient Mexican wind instruments with a Rain Forest Soundscape.
- 3) Introduction to Musical Instruments of Ancient California.
- 4) My heritage: Tepehuano and Yaqui Indian Storytelling with music (stories for all ages about Coyotes, Snakes, Bears, Rabbits and Mythical animals)
- 5) ---or--- Anything YOU want to focus on!!!